Left Gray’s Pottery in 1922 and went to Barker Brothers of Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, where some of his designs (eg Arabesque, The Storm) carry his name as part of the backstamp or within the design.
The only written references to his design work for Gray’s Pottery comprises:
An illustration of a ‘Hand-painted dinner service designed by J Guildford, executed by A E Gray & Co, Hanley’ – Studio Yearbook of Decorative Art, 1920, page 83. (Illustration 24 below).
Various entries in the catalogue of the 1920 British Institute of Industrial Art Exhibition.